06 December 2008

Honey Mustard Curry Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potatoes



I received a Crock Pot as a wedding gift, but had yet to use it. Andrew loves slow-cooked meals, but I have no experience cooking them. My friend Samantha gave me yet another fabulous chicken recipe - Honey Mustard Curry Chicken.


Ingredients

7 chicken thighs - skin removed
4 tbsp. honey
4 tsp. mustard
4 tsp. yellow curry
3 tbsp. melted butter


Whisk together all ingredients except chicken. Place chicken in slow cooker and pour sauce over the top. Cook on low 6-7 hours.
The chicken was so moist, with wonderful flavor from the sauce. I served it with mashed sweet potatoes and crescent rolls. I would have added something green if I had it on hand...oh well, maybe next time!
Sweet potatoes are so much better for you than white potatoes - so many more nutrients! We don't eat them often, as I was never sure whether Andrew would like them, but all that will change now that I've broken the ice with this recipe.



Mashed Sweet Potatoes




2 large sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
butter
maple syrup
honey
skim milk
cream
salt & pepper to taste
Boil the cubed potatoes until you can break them with a fork.



Drain them and return to the pot. Add the remaining ingredients and blend with an electric mixer until smooth. Taste and reseason accordingly. So easy, yet so good.

No comments: