06 April 2009

Restaurant Review: Sakura Garden




My friend Kristi and I met at Sakura Garden in South Windsor, Connecticut to sample their Happy Hour menu. Offered from 4-6 pm Monday through Thursday, prices range from $2-$4 for everything on the menu, including full size appetizers, sushi rolls, domestic beer, wine, and well drinks. Check out the full Happy Hour menu.

For $17 each, including tax and tip, Kristi and I each had a glass of wine and shared several courses.

Edamame

Seaweed Salad

Pork Dumplings

Eggplant Miso

Spicy Crunchy Yellowtail Tuna Roll

California Roll


I was surprised by how large the portions are. I assumed that the Happy Hour dishes would be scaled back to reflect the drastically reduced prices, but they were excellent portions. Especially notable was the Eggplant Miso, which was marinated in a rich and delicious miso sauce, then served in a steaming tower with a salad of carrot strings. The Spicy Crunchy Tuna Roll was also fantastic - flavorful with great texture, there may have been some chopstick jousting for the first piece.


As you may recall, I love eating out with Kristi, and Sakura Garden was no exception. Over drinks and Japanese food, we had a great time and some fantastic food.


Definitely check out Sakura Garden, whether it's for Happy Hour, lunch, drinks, or hibachi.

photo courtesy of Evergreen Walk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum! we don't have any Japanese places in town that have happy hour. I wish I could go here! :)