16 January 2010

Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans



I was looking for something a little different to do with the fresh green beans I found at West Side Market last weekend, so I started searching my favorite recipe sites.  On Delish.com, I found what I was looking for: a simple recipe that only called for ingredients I already had on hand.  Andrew and I both really liked these roasted green beans.  The citrus combined with the spice from the red pepper flakes was an interesting juxtaposition of flavor, and definitely something different than our usual steamed green beans. 


Orange-Infused Roasted Green Beans
from Delish.com

1 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed
1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. red pepper flakes

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Combine vegetables and oil on the baking sheet - toss to combine.  Add salt, pepper, and zest and use tongs to toss to coat.

Roast 10-12 minutes, until beans are tender with a slight char.


I roasted the full 15 minutes the original recipe calls for, and I was rewarded with some blackened beans.  I'd cut back by a few minutes and check them around 10 minutes next time!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

This sounds delicious! Yummy!