28 October 2009

Spooky Spiders

Spooky Spiders are a Halloween treat that harkens back to my childhood.  My mom always made them in the week or so leading up to Halloween, and my friends (especially Kristi!) would vie to sneak them off the tray before the Halloween festivities got under way.

These are an easy treat and make a nice addition to any Halloween get-together. 


Spooky Spiders

1 bag chow mein noodles




1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips




Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave.



Mix chow mein noodles into the melted chocolate.




Use two forks to drop "spiders" onto wax paper covered cookie sheets. 





Allow to cool and harden completely.




Spooky Spiders are a great Halloween treat!  Crunchy, chocolatey, small enough to shove a whole one in my mouth and hold two more in my hot little hand.  I packaged some up to send to friends, along with a few other treats - I'll share those recipes in the next few days as we get closer to Halloween!!!



No comments: