03 March 2010

Buttermilk Invasion

I am working on a post about roasting a turkey breast, but in the meantime, I wanted to fill you in on the current events in my kitchen.  I found myself blessed with an abundance of buttermilk this week.  Ann (my husband's wonderful stepmom) gave me almost a whole half gallon of the stuff on Sunday.  So it was my job to find amazing ways to use it.

As it stands, here's the lineup:

Buttermilk Bathed Pork Chops
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting
Buttermilk Scones (possibly with chocolate chips and/or chocolate glaze)

That's a whole lotta buttermilk kids.  The only other time I can remember doing anything with the stuff was when I made that fabulous Buttermilk Quick Bread and when I made The Best Pancakes with Grandma.

Here's the quick bread for you to drool over while I get buttermilk-happy tonight!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oooh, that bread looks so good Amy!
I love buttermilk bread~ This buttermilk craze sounds great to me!