04 January 2009

Turkey Pot Pie


I previously posted my mom's super simple recipe for Chicken Pot Pie, but last time I made it, I wasn't able to take a picture.


I have tons of leftovers in my freezer from Christmas Eve dinner, so I'm slowly thawing and reappropriating them as new meals. I had a nice bag of turkey in the freezer - I only used about half the bag for my pot pie, so I'm brainstorming a soup for this weekend.




The pie crust I had in the fridge completely fell apart when I tried to unroll it, so I re-rolled it and slit it into strips, which I then laid across the top. I'm a relatively novice baker, so I've never attempted a woven pie crust before, and I wasn't about to try one at 5:00 on a Sunday night. Oh well, it is what it is, and it tasted fantastic!


Served with a slice of homemade, crusty bread, this was a comforting Sunday dinner that didn't require a ton of work.



No comments: